Cosmetics are products used to enhance the appearance of the face or the fragrances of the body. Cosmetics applied to the face are generally termed as makeup. While applying makeup near the eyes, especially when wearing contact lenses, one should exercise a certain degree of caution as it can lead to many eye-related concerns. An eye infection, injury or allergic reactions are some of the unlikeable consequences of not using makeup carefully near the eyes. Shree Eye Care is the hospital that provides the best eye care treatment in Dehradun. One should follow the below rules and make them a part of your makeup routine to avoid eye problems as suggested by one of the best ophthalmologists from Dehradun.
- Avoid usage of expired products: One should always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations before using any cosmetics. You should carefully review the expiry date on the packaging and discard the expired products immediately. You should try to follow the three months recommendation when it comes to mascara.
- Use of best hygiene practices: Best hygiene practices include cleaning of the brushes and other applicators regularly as it will help to remove dust and pathogens. Infection-causing bacteria tend to grow in liquid eye makeup. Discard the eye makeup immediately if you had an eye infection. This will prevent re-infection.
- No Sharing of Eye Makeup: Sharing is a good practice when it comes to food or lunch boxes but we should strictly avoid sharing cosmetics. It’s always suggested to be cautious while trying tester products at cosmetic stores. This will avoid the transmission of infections.
- Knowing yourself: It’s important to know about yourself and your allergies. Some of the common allergens that are there in cosmetics include iron oxide, nickel or some ingredients in fragrances and preservatives. It is essential that you know about your allergies and avoids using products that contain such allergens. One should try changing one product at a time.
- Cleanliness of contact lenses: One should wash the hands, wear the lenses and then apply makeup. Makeup can get stuck on the lenses causing immense eye irritation. You must refrain from applying glitter based eye shadow as the fallouts can get trapped in the lenses.
Shree Eye Care Hospital provide the best eye care treatment in Dehradun that believes one can easily take care of the eyes by following these rules religiously. We always recommend cleaning the face and washing your eyes thoroughly every night if you are applying makeup. Thorough cleansing would be the best exercise which helps in maintaining your eye health. One should follow these basic hygiene practices and visit us for a routine eye check to avoid eye problems at a very affordable price. One can also choose for an annual eye check-up to maintain a clear vision and healthy eyes. It is essential to love and take care of yourself nicely. God has given us the best, taking care of the same will be completely lying on us. Shree Eye care truly believes:
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.”