Dry eye syndrome is caused by lack of moisture on the surface of the eye and inadequate lubrication causing less formation of tears in the eyes .
In some mild cases, one can feel irritation, redness and itchiness in the eyes while in the severe cases, it can cause a burning sensation, blurry vision and even scarring on the front surface of the eye. Shree eye care, best eye specialist in Dehradun, recommends keeping your eyes clean and moist especially in summers to avoid such conditions.
Some necessary precautions that one can take to avoid this syndrome are:-
- Using eye drops on a regular basis to keep eyes lubricated.
- Gently cleaning eyelids while washing your face to remove bacteria that can cause blepharitis and meibomian glands.
- Applying a moist washed cloth, cotton or sliced cucumber on your closed lids for a minute or two.
- best eye specialist in Dehradun says Sleeping with airtight goggles on, might also help in keeping your eyes relaxed and moist by creating a mini “moisture chamber” for your eyes.
- Always wearing sunglasses while going out in the sun.
Shree Eye care, the best eye hospital in Dehradun comes up with treatment for many different eye diseases.