Cataract is one such eye disease that is caused because of clouding of the lens of the eye and it is developed more if the proteins in the lens clump together. One of the leading causes of becoming blind is Cataract. Shree Eye Care, the best Eye Care Hospital in Dehradun is sharing some very interesting facts about Cataract to make you more aware about this disease.
- It is a senile disease and can occur at any age. Intake of steroid, diabetes or eye inflammations are major factors and cataract is a congenital disease.
- Ultraviolet radiation, sun exposure, obesity, eye injury, family history are some factors that cause Cataract.
- As we have no prevention or medical cure for cataract but there is a treatment and that is cataract surgery.
- This disease affects 1 in 6 Indians especially people who are above 40 years.
- The lessor known fact about Cataract is that there are three types of cataract subscapular, nuclear, and cortical.
- Some of the common symptoms are blurred vision, increased glare, faded appearance of colour.
- Cataract surgery includes the removal of deteriorated lens and it is replaced with a customized artificial prescription lens called an intraocular lens (IOL).
- In most cases, patients recover 20/20 to 20/40 vision easily. Hence, Cataract surgery is one of the safest surgeries in the world.
Being the best Eye-Care hospital in Dehradun, Shree Eye Care Hospital makes sure that doctors in the hospital are highly experienced to perform surgeries like Cataract, Glaucoma Services, Pediatrics services, Spectacles Removal Services, Retina, Oculoplasty treatment, and other world-class health care at an affordable cost. Therefore, this makes us the most preferred eye care hospital in Uttarakhand. Doctors at our eye care hospital make sure that we make a lasting impact on the eradication of blindness in society. Shree Eye Care Hospital always come up with different topics for its readers and regular visitors.