If you wear eyeglasses or contact lenses, you might have to visit your eye doctor for monthly or yearly diagnosis and treatment. There are many different types of eye infections that come up with the changing season. Eye specialists prescribe proper treatments to get rid of different eye infections. Most of the time the initial stages of any treatment begin with cure through eye drops. The best eye hospital in Uttarakhand, Shree Eye Care Hospital discusses tips for using eye drop in right way.
Many of the common conditions are treated with eye drops. They may be used for tired eyes or itchy allergies and also prescribed for viral, bacterial infections and other conditions such as Glaucoma. Eye drops when not administered properly can affect medication results and delay the treatment process. However, it is easy to use these eye drop bottles some steps can lead to effective ways to use eye drops properly. There is a right way for usage of eye drops, although many people administer eye drops incorrectly, resulting in wastage. The following list of steps will help the patients to get fast recovery from their eye drops.
Follow these instructions for effective results with eye drops-
- Firstly wash your hands before administering any eye drop.
- If indicated on the label, shake the bottle before use. If the bottle has been refrigerated, warm it and allow it to arrive at room temperature.
- Lie down, tilt back the head and look upward. Then apply the eye drop using your thumb and index finger.
- Close your eyes gently for 1 to 3 minutes or as instructed by the doctor and allow the medication to be absorbed.
- For another drop of eye medication, wait for at least 5 to 10 minutes before administering the second eye drop so that the first drop will not be washed out of the eye.
- If it is advised to use an eye drop and eye ointment at the same time, use the eye drop first, wait for a few minutes, and then use the ointment.
- The best eye hospital in Uttarakhand says that many of the eye medication can cause a slight stinging sensation during instillation. Inform your doctor if this sensation lasts more than a minute or two.
- Many of the eye ointments cause a blurring vision during application. This is normal and should go away in a few minutes.
- Recap the bottle or tube immediately after use. Never wipe the tip of the dropper for avoiding contamination. 10. Never apply eye drops or ointments while wearing contact lenses unless instructed to do so by your ophthalmologist.
It is our prime duty at Shree eye care clinic to allow a hassle-free treatment for vision care. We hope that all these tips mentioned in this article help you to cure things in a better way. Although if you suspect any minute eye infection, you should always visit eye specialist doctor for a detailed eye test.